We LOVE Unity!!!

We LOVE Unity!!!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What's For Dinner?

My fabulous sister, Carla made us these Spoonburgers when we were at her house last week.  We LOVED them!  As I was writing down the recipe I realized I already have this cookbook!  LOL

Fix & Forget 50 Slow Cooker Recipes

Spoonburgers

Makes 6 servings [really more like 8]
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 3 to 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes on stove top

1 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley [I used a dash of dry]
1 can [8 oz.] tomato sauce
1 can [8 oz.] stewed tomatoes, cut up and juice reserved [I bought a regular size can of Rotel, seeing stewed tomatoes makes me gag I didn't drain them either]
1 can [4 oz.] chopped green chilis
1 T chili powder
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 t salt
1/2 t paprika
1/4 t pepper
Toasted split buns or cooked pasta [I used a loaf of pre-sliced french bread from the bakery on clearance for $0.90 YIPPEE]

1.  Crumble ground beef and place in a slow cooker.  [I used a wooden spoon and smashed it down to cover the bottom evenly.]  Throw everything else on top.  [I didn't stir it or anything]

2. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.

3.  Spoon over buns or pasta.

Serve with French fries and pickles.  [We had salad and corn]

I don't like meatloaf or sloppy Joes.  These are some how a combo of them and I love it!  SO YUMMY!  Morgan and Bryan really like it too so it's a winner over here!  Carlee won't even try it.   Yes she is cute but so stubborn you can't even believe it!  LOL

I am totally in love with my crock-pot.  The house doesn't get hot.  I don't have to do much to make dinner happen and that leaves more time for the scrap room!

I still have not made a single card or page!  Last night I moved all my Unity stamps!  It took me 3 hours LOL  Because you know the earth was just about to stop spinning if I didn't have all the co-brands together and all the singles together.  Now there are piles of rubber all over my room!  I need more thin stufftainers in a BIG way!  LOL

Good thing my sister has been using my {ippity} stamps so I still have some more stuff to show you guys!
Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I will have to try this one out, Noelle! Thanks for sharing! :)

Emily Keaton said...

Hey, Noelle!! This recipe looks yummy! :)

Just wanted to swing by to say thanks for being so super efficient with my recent order with the {ippity} GC I won! Thought you might like to see the results of some of the playing around I did with my new THE BEST set:
http://mylittlesliceofbliss.blogspot.com/2011/06/playing-with-my-new-ippity.html
AND
http://mylittlesliceofbliss.blogspot.com/2011/06/friends-with-flair-fathers-day-pillow.html

Thanks again!

Nora Anne said...

Oh, this sounds SO yummy! I love my crock pot too, I really need to get back to using it so my poor family can have a decent meal! :)

Carla said...

I'm glad Bryan likes it as well. Just so you know, I threw my ground beef in there frozen! It adds a couple of hours to the cook time, but it can be done! We are having biscuits and gravy for dinner tonight. Then I'll have to go ride eight miles so I can fit in my pants tomorrow. It all evens out that way!

mlady012 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.